Donations and Fundraising Resources

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Accepting donations online is easy! It doesn't take very much time to set up when using PayPal or a PayPal compatible donation services. The purpose of this post is to include links to information that will help you explore some of the best solutions for your fundraising needs.

Before I get to the good stuff, please remember that posts soliciting donations or other requests for monetary contributions will be removed per the Community Help Forum Decorum.  While the Community Help Forum isn't the appropriate venue for requesting donations, we do want to make sure that any person seeking to collect donations with PayPal has the information they need to get started. 🙂

So here we go:

Most of the following information can be referenced from these pages:

Accepting Donations through PayPal for Nonprofits

Online Fundraising Tools

Frequently Asked Questions

How does PayPal approve charities and nonprofit organizations?

Collect donations for a Nonprofit on eBay using eBay Giving Works powered by Mission Fish.

ebay_mf_egw.PNG

How does it work?

Any eBay seller can commit to donate a percentage of their listing's final sale price to the nonprofit of their choice. To find sellers using eBay Giving Works, use the Advanced Search Option at the top of every eBay page or click: here.

How can your Nonprofit use this service?

Nonprofits can reach a new audience, strengthen ties with their existing donor base, and take their fundraising to the next level. Signing up for eBay Giving Works is easy and free, and every 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit is eligible to participate. The first step is to get certified by our nonprofit partner, Mission Fish. There is no annual fee for nonprofits to use eBay Giving Works.

eBay Giving Works also enables Nonprofits to sell their own items on eBay as well.

If you're a Nonprofit interested in using eBay Giving Works and would like more information, please click here:

eBay Giving Works for Nonprofits

logo.png

Create a Fundraising Website with our partner, Blackbaud Now

From their site: "PayPal and Blackbaud have teamed up to provide a simple website to serve small and growing nonprofits. Point and click to create your site, with built-in donations."

animal_big.jpg

Already have a website? Use the PayPal Giving Widget beta by PayPal Labs to collect donations on your website, blog or myspace.

PayPal Giving Widget FAQ

f_logo.png

Collect donations on facebook using our partners:

whatgives!?

FundRazr

Convio_Common-Ground_Logo_RGB.jpg

Need help managing your Nonprofit and/or fundraising efforts? Try Convio Common Ground

From their website:

"Common Ground CRM is designed to help nonprofit professionals like you get your job done -- manage all of your constituents, donors, volunteers, new contacts and just about anyone else who supports your mission. Quickly, easily, efficiently, and with more flexibility than you ever thought was possible.

With Common Ground, you'll have time to focus on your mission, not your technology."

Learn more about how Nonprofits are using PayPal and eBay by following us on twitter and facebook:

PayPal NonProfit on twitter

eBay Giving Works on facebook

Helpful Tips for Raising Money:

Fundraising Tips & Ideas

I hope this helps anyone looking for more information about some of the options available for fundraising with Paypal. 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

If you're thinking, "Frank, that's great and all but I just want to find ways that I can donate to nonprofits with PayPal!"

You got it. 🙂 Here ya go:

pp-donate-logo2.gif

PayPal has partnered with our friends over at MissionFish to create a directory of Nonprofits.  Check it out!

ebay_mf_egw.gif

Make donations to your favorite Nonprofits using eBay Giving Works.

Purchase items on eBay from sellers using eBay Giving Works

Donate directly to your favorite Nonprofit using eBay Giving Works Donate Now

Now get donating! 😉

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.