reporting fraud outside 45 day period

billsutils
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I know I should have opened a resolution claim immediately the seller sent me an inferior substitute item that I needed to return.  I am also aware that now my money is now gone as the 45 day period has been exceeded.

Even so I was pleased to see that PayPal says it would like all fraud/ripoff reported even outside the 45 day period  - fine. I would like to do this.

The trouble is is that there does not appear to be a mechanism to do this!!

How do I report  fraud outside the 45 day period?? I realise my money is gone but I still want Paypal to be aware of this shyster (and they say they want to know!) Looking at his negative feedback it appears he has pulled similar stunts before.

If you interested this is what happened. I returned the item recorded delivery. But where the thief lives they have not rolled out electronic delivery reporting and rely on the postie manually recording the delivery at end of shift (evidently this they never do). The result was that even though the item had been delivered, on the PO system it still looked like it was in transit. So I opened a displute with the PO. They took over 45 days to actually find the signed for tag. Further emails to the seller with the evidence have been ignored.

How do I report a seller outside the 45 day period????? ( the dispute center says you can but fails to say how)

Regards

Billsutils

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I would use the "contact us" option at the bottom of paypal pages > then click on email.> try and find a topic and sub-topic that is as near as pos to your  problem and send them an email.

But to be honest i am not sure you will even get a reply...but you can but try.

However in your shoes i would be emailing the seller and stating that if they don't refund i shall be filing in the small claims court as you have now got proof of delivery of the item back to them.....even if you don't want to the threat sometimes works.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.