Unrecognised Payment

CM1995
Contributor
Contributor
Is anyone aware of what "PAYPAL *PCW PAYPAL" is on a bank statement? A random amount has come out of my account, but I can't see it on pending PayPal transactions? Just trying to identify what it might be so I can determine whether it was me!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CM1995

If you pay via a credit card to a seller but to a sellers paypal account then you are paying as a guest buyer.

Guest buyer transactions don't show in your paypal transaction history, just on the funding source that you used.

Not a wrestling fan are you only those initials come up with wrestling / preston / bradford area?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CM1995
Contributor
Contributor
Oh really? That's interesting, thank you for that information. I don't actually even own a credit card, and nope not a fan of wrestling at all. I just can't figure out what the "PayPal pwc PayPal" thing is on my statement at all!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CM1995

Then your best bet is to phone customer services for information on the transaction.

We can only offer advice on here as none of us work for paypal, we are just volunteers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CM1995
Contributor
Contributor
Ah no that's absolutely fine, thank you for your help I just wondered if anyone else could shed light on what it was that's all. Thanks again!
Login to Me Too

MAHRI136
New Community Member

Did you sort it? I had the same and whilst it didn't show on the paypal app it was a purchase i made online for it was Currys PC World. I just checked my emails for an order confirmation around that date.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.