Trouble with payments taken from non preferred primary account

Gillian3

Has anyone had problems with payments suddendly being taken from the non primary / preferred account without being told in advance or an explanation given. I am going around in circles trying to get to the bottom of why this has happened on the last four occassions with purchases made on ebay for under £10. The preferred bank account has always worked in the past for the last fourteen years. The best answers I have had so far are:

it is for security purposes (no further details)

it is the preferred primary bank account (it is not and has not been for several years)

The first time it happened I checked my PayPal settings and everything was as I expected so I thought it would be a one off. It was at this point I asked what had happened. -Security reasons!!!!! It has now happened with each of my next three purchases. I can't seem to get through to them. What is wrong with my preferred account? They keep taking the money from their preferred account. It will be removed as soon as their system lets me. Because there is a pay after delivery item due soon I cannot delete the account or tell the system to use another account.

I hope this reads ok as I am so cross I just need to let off steam. Any advice on how to proceed please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

tdee
New Community Member

Same has happened with me today (12 March 2018). Been okay for many years, then suddenly changed today. My account still showing the preferred primary account to pay from is correct, and funds are okay in that bank account, yet a backup account had payments taken from it instead. Also, I cannot find any way to get into the selection process on the website to reset the preferred accounts,  it used to be there!  So hard to find the custer service telephone number as well!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.