Service provider has gone back on promise, unable to reopen dispute

kt2017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone

I have been scammed on twitter, i agreed to pay £45.00 for a years worth of horse and dog racing tips.

The tips were described as being 'hot' and i was told i would make a lot of money.

The seller on twitter starting asking me for more money saying that the original deal was just for horses not dogs or the horses were premium. I have also lost a lot of money off the bets. Whilst i appreciate it is my responsibility to place bets there has definetely been a misrepresentation.

I opened a dispute on paypal because of the seller constantly changing the goalposts. He then agreed to a deal whereby:

1. i cancel the majority of the disputes (totalling £150.00)

2. he would give me tips for two weeks and if i wasnt up on points i would get my £150.00 back. 

3. he would give me the other dispute cash back (£15.00) (this is still open)

he has given me a couple of tips since with mixed fortune. then he gave another tip through twitter messenger which won but i didnt have a chance to get on and he is trying to say now thats a win. He very often gives tips 1 min before the race start which makes it near impossible for me to get on them. 

He hasnt refunded my £15.00 as promised and despite numerous requests to have access to his twitter which is private he is just ignoring me and saying hes not got my follow requests ( he has 4,000 followers) and i am convinced he is giving the same tips free on there. 

I really want to pursue him from paypal as its clear that this is a scam. Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kt2017

Sorry just trying to stop laughing that you would pay someone to give you betting tips.

Anyway if you have closed the dispute then you can't re-open it.

Also its unlikely you will qualify for buyer protection for that sort of transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kt2017
Contributor
Contributor
You clearly have no comprehension of what its like to have a gambling problem and be in a vulnerable position.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kt2017

Probably not as i prefer to earn my money and not gamble on ''so called'' luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kt2017
Contributor
Contributor
I have an full time job. It's an addiction, but thank you for your empathy and support. It's because people like you look down on things like this that it is an impossible hole to get out of. It is a 24/7 battling yourself like any other addiction. Too scared and ashamed to get help and when i do reach out.. I get this response. If problems like this don't get resolved, things only get worse.. but yer thanks for looking down on me. i feel horrible about myself already and you've just compounded the issue.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kt2017

This board is for paypal problems and I spend my time saving folks from being scammed,

Its not a board for giving advice on addictions, if you have an addiction then go get help, they don't go away on there own so do something.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kt2017
Contributor
Contributor

Yes and i came with a paypal question, I have looked into it, following your rather blunt advice and i can see that i dont really have any options. Don't be so quick to judge people, my gambling problem has arisen because I feel so undervalued at work. I haven't had a payrise since I started working (I know a lot of people are in a similar position) and i started gambling to try and supplement my salary, not because i wanted more money as such, but because it made me feel better about myself. 

I appreciate that you probably do a great job in helping people who have been scammed, whether or not you believe i have been scammed you dont have to limit the help you give to the areas that you signed up for. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kt2017

I haven't ''signed'' up to give help anywhere.

This is a community, user to user help forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.