Seller wont ship item until payment pending is resolved after 21 days

Rueoo7
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for an expensive item £1800. The money went through ok, and is marked paid. I noticed after a week the item was not posted, and contacted the seller.The seller has informed me palpal has his payment pending for 21 days. So he wont ship until money clears.

I asked Paypal why the money is pending? they told me it was policy to protect me. Then asked me if I wanted to cancel.

I couldn't believe them asking me that.

All I want is the watch I paid for. The seller seems very genuine.

To make matters worse, I am due to go on holiday the day after the payment pending is lifted. I will be away a month.

I will have to ask the Post office to hold it for me.

Is there no reslution here except to waite 7 weeks or cancel?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rueoo7

The fact its pending on the sellers account is between the seller and paypal and should not affect you.

The seller is going through the 'new seller hold' and his funds are released either when tracking shows delivery of the item to you OR 21 days if he does not send trackable.

HOWEVER he is not supposed to wait 21 days before he sends you the item, if he does and you file a dispute for non receipt of item then that would be 1 dispute against him already and as he is on the new seller hold I don't give him a lot of chance on being able to continue selling. Especially if he does it again.

He should be sending you the item TRACKABLE and giving paypal the tracking number so his funds are released earlier.

Send him the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.