Scammed - but before I had account

KingSlim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I paid for this ingame money for warcraft. I did it before I had an account with paypal and used a different email (Did not want them mixed) so now I am with paypal and have seen that this site is a scam. I looked on sites like sitejabber which have people with the same issue I am having.

So, I have the email that Paypal sent me. I have the transaction number. I have all that stuff. But I am lost as to how I claim my money back?

Not sure if i can post the offending site? if not please remove it. 

It was WOW-GOLD-TEAM.COM

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

G_S_M
Contributor
Contributor

There is no buyer protection for virtual items. Therefore you won't be able to claim back your money. 

Login to Me Too

KingSlim
Contributor
Contributor

Really? So all I need to do is set up a scam and sell virtual items (Is not paypal dealing with virtual money?) and I can scam people and get away with it 100%?

Are you sure there is nothing I can do about this?

Login to Me Too

G_S_M
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid by credit/ debit card you may be able to file a chargeback provided the purchase was made within the last 120 days. You will have to contact them about that; sometimes there is a minimum amount.

And no, you won't be able to do that because PayPal require personal information, so if you scam people and the buyers file chargebacks then your account will be negative and PayPal will send bailiffs to your house. I'll also bet the police will be knocking on your door as well. However the people you bought it off are probably along way from the UK. 

In the future, my advice to you is to get a life because only really sad people buy virtual money for/ in online games. 

I also suggest you read up on what you are protected for and what's not covered within the Buyer Protection Policy.

If you do decide to purchase virtual items make sure you do your research before buying from them. 

Login to Me Too

KingSlim
Contributor
Contributor

Well call me one of them "sad people". Thats cool 🙂 Millions of us.

Thanks for the life advice on a online forum. Amazing.

I will try the chargeback. I will contact them now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you paid as a guest buyer then you can still try and open a dispute but you have to call customer services and ask them to do it for you via contact us bottom of paypal pages.

Whilst there is no buyer protection for virtual items there equally is no seller protection so if you file a claim and the seller still has funds in his paypal balance then you may just get a refund.

No harm in trying.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.