Scammed - Buyer Protection Abuse. Terrible support from PayPal.

stant0s
Contributor
Contributor

I am absolutely astounded at what you, PayPal have just agreed on.

I have recently sold three digital items on ebay, purchased by two buyers. Both of which had zero feedback.

Items were traded via steam, and I as a precautionary measure, I had asked the buyers to send me an email in eBay with their steam id's and then add me, as well as confirm their eBay id's in steam chat. Not only did I take a screenshot of the chat logs, I have my steam trade history which shows the trades.

Guess what? both raised disputes claiming non delivery of the goods!! Both, miraculously at the same time, on the same day.

So, I immediately escalated the case, and uploaded the evidence. Waited a few days, and PayPal asked for the exact evidence that I had already given them, so, I duly sent them an email (jsut now acutally) and within 10mins, I get an automated reply 'After careful consideration, we have decided to refund the buyer!'

What the **bleep**? Seriously, is it THAT EASY to abuse Buyer protection? Easy money. If all it takes is a new ebay/paypal account to scam seemingly anyone, I'm guessing there are a lot of rich folk out there.  

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.  I have 100% positive feedback, and have traded on ebay for over 10 years.

Disgusted.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

stant0s
Contributor
Contributor

There was no advice, and your points were...pointless. It didn't help at all. 

Just an FYI. Both PayPal, and eBay have reversed the charges in my favour.  (Yes, kernowlass).

Here's a little rundown as to what has happened; 

Phoned PayPal again ,as my appeal was denied, spoke to a chap who spoke with his manager - they read an email in eBay from the buyer who asked me to leave feedback after the item was delivered and deemed this information, along with my additional evidence as enough to go on and remove the charges. 

The chap at PayPal also put me through to eBay, and this is what the lady has said - They have 8 days to amicably resolve the case between buyer + seller, and then eBay will make a decision. However, because the item was digital, there is no buyer protection,and by tomorrow, the funds on hold will be released in my favour. 

Both PayPal, and eBay have gone up in my estimations. It took a while, but sense prevailed in the end. 

So, to summarise; Scammers 0, Genuine Seller 1. 

Done. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.