Scammed - Buyer Protection Abuse. Terrible support from PayPal.

stant0s
Contributor
Contributor

I am absolutely astounded at what you, PayPal have just agreed on.

I have recently sold three digital items on ebay, purchased by two buyers. Both of which had zero feedback.

Items were traded via steam, and I as a precautionary measure, I had asked the buyers to send me an email in eBay with their steam id's and then add me, as well as confirm their eBay id's in steam chat. Not only did I take a screenshot of the chat logs, I have my steam trade history which shows the trades.

Guess what? both raised disputes claiming non delivery of the goods!! Both, miraculously at the same time, on the same day.

So, I immediately escalated the case, and uploaded the evidence. Waited a few days, and PayPal asked for the exact evidence that I had already given them, so, I duly sent them an email (jsut now acutally) and within 10mins, I get an automated reply 'After careful consideration, we have decided to refund the buyer!'

What the **bleep**? Seriously, is it THAT EASY to abuse Buyer protection? Easy money. If all it takes is a new ebay/paypal account to scam seemingly anyone, I'm guessing there are a lot of rich folk out there.  

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.  I have 100% positive feedback, and have traded on ebay for over 10 years.

Disgusted.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well i would not consider seller protection as small print, i would consider it large print that is encouraged to read before using paypal.

Whatever proof you can provide it is NOT what they say they want in seller protection.

You choose to sell virtual items then that is fine but accept the RISK IS YOURS.   

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

To win an item not received dispute on paypal the only proof paypal will accept is a tracking number that proves DELIVERY of the item to the buyer.

There is NO seller protection on paypal for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but entirely at your own risk.

You should really read up on seller protection before your start selling items and then you would have seen that you are not covered and then could decide whether to continue or not.

Paypal have done exactly what they say they have done refunded a buyer who did not receive their item ( ie no tracking number provided by the seller). 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

stant0s
Contributor
Contributor

Regardless of what the small print states (and how often it gets updated) - the person has abused buyer protection.  PayPal had asked for proof relative to digital items, which I provided. If they are so keen to offer buyer protection (for digital items in this instance) then why not ask for proof that the item wasn't delivered - all they need to ask them is to provide a link to the account (which is the same as the email he had sent me) and they can see the trade history and match it up with mine. Simple.

What makes me laugh is that they auto-replied saying that after the evidence I had just submitted (late night) was reviewed, they had carefully considered the dispute. Rubbish, no one even looked at it.

It's pathetic. You cant cancel item bids based solely on users who have zero feedback, and I couldn't not offer Paypal. So it's a catch 22.

Protection for one party as opposed to another is ridiculous, and open to abuse, as is evident in this case. Don't offer it for either party.

Easy money really, isn't it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well i would not consider seller protection as small print, i would consider it large print that is encouraged to read before using paypal.

Whatever proof you can provide it is NOT what they say they want in seller protection.

You choose to sell virtual items then that is fine but accept the RISK IS YOURS.   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

stant0s
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not getting in to a dispute with you over what you deem large and small print. 

I think you are missing the point.  Seeing as you like caps, I'll do the same.

I HAD SENT THE EVIDENCE WHICH TICKED ALL THE BOXES IN THEIR EMAIL.

...SO MUCH SO, THAT NOW AFTER PHONING THEM, THEY ARE RE-OPENING IT. THEY  HAVE REASON TO BELEIVE IT IS BUYER PROTECTION ABUSE. WHICH, INDICATES TO ME THAT I HAVE PROVIDED SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE (REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU KEEP STATING).

PLEASE DONT OFFER ADVICE AGAIN.

YOURS,

THE INTERNET.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah of course they have.      Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

stant0s
Contributor
Contributor

Are you for real?

Yes, they have.

http://puu.sh/gZb1f/e6526bf061.png

Tool.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Smukase
Contributor
Contributor

Why do yo mock people in that manner? I've seen you do this a couple of times in many of your so-called "solutions" and I'm wondering what you're being payed for exactly because if you aren't being payed then please find something else to pass your time with. You can't possibly believe that by brushing people off in a such a disrespectful or uncaring manner, you come out the bigger person do you? It's highly arrogant, please hone your customer service skills if you are interested in doing this the right way, they are terribly lacking.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a user to user forum and not paypal customer services.

I also suggest you look up the word "volunteer" in the dictionary and read its meaning.

I give up my own time to help on here and replied to this thread with the correct advice.

I also replied several times to their posts explaining things until they became abusive.

So I don't see why i don't have the same right to respond in the same manner.

I also suggest that when you have saved even one person from being scammed on here OR have even 1 person mark you as having solved their problem you may have the right to reply re my posts.

Until then.

Bye. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.