Money not claimed but shows as completed

Anners
New Community Member

I wonder if anyone can help. I sent money to a friend in payment towards a combined gift for another friend. The transaction shows as completed but she says that she was not able to claim the money and that it was sent back to me. I have never received this money back into my paypal account. Has anyone came accross this before? what should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Faxed

Generally, when money is sent to another user it's instantly available. The only time it would be shown as pending is if you sent it to a PayPal which didn't exist, or one which has various restrictions in place (against certain account types, etc) - But generally, or at least as far as I know, it's not automatic. 

If you paid through PayPal, via your bank, I'd check your bank statement for the transaction - And whether it returned. If it didn't, I'd contact PayPal via phone and explain the issue to them - Whilst they won't be able to give you details about your friend's account, they could confirm/deny if the payment was sent back to you (and explain where it is). 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.