Merchant help

chros036
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

I was wondering if I could get some advice.   The main problem is that I paid a deposit for some items via paypal over the course of Feb and March this year and I now wish to cancel the order.

I have emailed the merchant to ask for those orders to be cancelled and that was on the 27th March.   Now I know the staff have been on holiday until the 31st March and today (1st April) I got an email asking for one of my orders to be completed as this was now instock, so I can only assume they have a few dozen emails to deal with and not come across mine yet.

The question is, how long should I wait before asking Paypal to get involved to get my deposits back?   I was thinking if they haven't replied by Friday 7th April (which should be more than enough time) then log the cases with paypal.

Any advice or suggestions would be great.    Oh they don't have a phone number on their site and I have even messaged them via their facebook page too.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chros036

Open a dispute BUT it used to be that paypal did not refund for part payments, not sure that that has not changed but all you can do is try.

Secondly they do have a phone number which is FREE from any UK landline.

Click on ''contact us'' bottom of any paypal page > use the phone option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chros036

Open a dispute BUT it used to be that paypal did not refund for part payments, not sure that that has not changed but all you can do is try.

Secondly they do have a phone number which is FREE from any UK landline.

Click on ''contact us'' bottom of any paypal page > use the phone option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chros036
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Many thanks for the responce, will give them a call and see what they say.  Never don't part payments via paypal before so wasn't too sure on their ruling but will have a go.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.