Counterfeit item through ebay

Chazg
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item through ebay and have proof from the maker of the item that it is a fake. I rung ebay who told me to contact the seller which I have but had no reply after 3times trying. Please can someone help me as dont know what to do?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

File a dispute for item received but not as described via ebay.

Go and find the auction in your my ebay > click on the drop down box on the right and click on resolve a problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chazg
Contributor
Contributor
Problem is I had already opened a case against the seller previously as they hadn't sent me a part which was to do with the item, so now I cannot open another case and seller will not reply to my email's. I don't know what to do. It is a lot of money I paid out to this fraudulant seller.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Shame you closed the dispute before checking all ok.

Your only option is if you funded your PayPal payment with a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you. 

Also you can tell the seller you have proof the seller is selling fake goods and unless he refunds you that you will contact trading standards. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chazg
Contributor
Contributor
I have already told them I have evidence from the company confirming it is a counterfeit and I have had no reply. I don't know what to do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then contact trading standards who will give you advice on taking a possible small claims court action if you want to go ahead with that.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.