ChargeBack Scam ( mmo gold ) - have proof and paypal will not help...

Karma_Loop

Hello everyone

I am voicing my concern about how paypal is handeling this issue.

A week ago i went over to oc forum ( one of the biggest virtual curency selling/buying ) whit the intent to find a reseller who could buy my eso gold

I have been playing eso for some time now and have been stacking a large ammount of gold.

Long story short , i went ahead and contacted one of the biggest buyers on the forum , talked whit him on skype and agreed on a price for my gold and the terms of the delivery , he then went ahead and listed ingame user names and the ammount of gold i should sent and record the video transaction as proof... i then went ahead and started to deliver (whit confidence that allot more people have soled to this guy and did not have any problems ...

I went ahead and delivered every gold to the people that he toled me to deliver and recorded every transaction.

I even asked him if delivery was ok at one point and he did confirm that the gold has been delivered.... (there have been over 30 names in total to which i delivered the gold (ingame mail)

Anyway.. he sent me the money and 2 hours later he decided that it was a pretty large sum of money and did the chargeback... i tried talking whit him but he could not work anything out since he says that the gold was not delivered even after he admits that the gold has been delivered...

I tried reasoning whit paypal but even dispite all the proof i have , they will not help me out... 

This will be the last time i use paypal and i will not be paying the negative balance.

Good riddance

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karma_Loop

There is NO paypal seller protection for virtual items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Would have been good if you had read up on that before starting to sell.

If you don't pay the neg balance then paypal will sell your debt to a debt collection firm or take legal action.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Karma_Loop

I was toled to believe that they implemented virtual curency protection ... and i know for a fact i read somewhere that they can do something in cases where the seller has proof of delivery and confirmation that the delivery was made!.. it's called being human!...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karma_Loop

Incorrect  >>

11.10 What are examples of items/transactions/cases that are not eligible for PayPal seller protection?

1. Intangible items, licenses for digital content, and services.
  2. Items that you deliver (or are picked up) in person (except for items for which you received payment through the PayPal Location Based Payments Functionality).
  3. Transactions made through Zong, Website Payment Pro (PayPal Direct Payment and Virtual Terminal).
  4. Claims, Chargebacks and Reversals for Significantly Not as Described and/ or claims filed directly with eBay.
  5. PayPal Business Payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Karma_Loop

I found a few cases on google where people who got scammed like me did win a fraudulent chargeback and i cannot believe that they will just look the other way when i have tons of proof whit video recorded delivery and confirmation that the goods have been delievered.. this is not normal... 

I appologize in advance and i appreciate the insight u are trying to give but this is not fair in anyway shape or form..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karma_Loop

A chargeback is done directly via a buyers credit card and the credit card make the decision.

So if they find for their client then you have to pay back the money or your account goes into negative.

If you had seller protection then paypal would reimburse you but there is no seller protection for virtual item so they would not reimburse you.

If it was an '' item not received '' dispute and not a chargeback then you may have a chance as paypal make that decision but you said in your first post that it was a chargeback.??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Karma_Loop

I believe it is a item not received dispute ... but how do they justify not taking into account proof such as delivery evidence and confirmation from the buyer... i am soooo puzzled by this and it's really hurting my brain....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karma_Loop

OK if it was non receipt of item then that is not a chargeback.

But there is no way anyone here can know why you lost the dispute as only customer services can know why they did not find in your favour.

Why not give them a call and see if you can appeal the decision??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Karma_Loop

The case is not closed yet .. it's still going ... they have given me 3 days to come up whit some adittional info that i have no way of getting , for example :

purchaser's email adress to which the goods where delivered ( the gold was delivered ingame and i have proof of delivery of every transaction and the names given  to me by the buyer / also the money he sent me after each transaction)

proof that your webside was accessed for services after the transaction date - what ??

purchaser's ip adress - again what ?

screenshoot showing the receipt by the purchaser - this was all done over skype all i have is the convo whit him and the proof of delivery

The rest of the things they asked for i sent to them... proof of delivery , date and time , corespondence in which the buyer acknowledges that the gold has been delivered ...

Login to Me Too

Karma_Loop

I will try and give them a call in the morning..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.