Case closed! No refund?

RozBlack
Contributor
Contributor

I had to raise a dispute in the Resolution Centre after I received faulty goods and the seller was ignoring me.  The seller had initially told me not to return the faulty goods, he would send a replacement.  No replacement and no more contact received.

Paypal instructed me to send the goods back by a tracking service and they would refund the cost of the item and £15 of the £18.55 postage costs.  The return was being sent from the UK to Israel.

The item was tracked as far as the city but then nothing else.  Paypal have now closed the case and I have received an email stating that I have reported that the claim has been amicably settled.  I HAVE NEVER MADE SUCH A REPORT!

Now I'm not only our for the £34.99 of the original purchase but an extra £18.55 as Paypal instructed me to return the product although the seller didn't want it back.  

Is there anything I can do now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RozBlack

Phone and appeal that decision.

If that fails then if you funded the payment via a card then contact the card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RozBlack
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.