CHARGE BACK SCAM

firstchance
Contributor
Contributor

This problem is not just for virtual goods - I sold a scarface model with a cost of $20 to post and the $69 that the item cost - They got the item - They never contacted me via Ebay to say that they did not recieve item and did a chargeback on there credit card - which paypal takes out straight away - Even though I showed proof tht item was sent - Paypal still took my money - So I have to pay pal pal fees and ebay fees and loose money for the item and postage I sent - Palpal does not care about the seller - Just there money - I can't even put a negative feedback for the buyer on Ebay since the item was paid for on paypal ...

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firstchance

In the event of an item not received dispute AND for seller protection you need to send the item trackable to prove delivery of the item to the buyer and not just ''proof of postage''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

firstchance
Contributor
Contributor

To rub salt into the wound - paypal just charged me $15 for the pleasure of being ripped off - Seller beware - So you get to pay ebay fees and paypal fees - loose the money for the item you sold and delivered - than have a slap in the face with a $15 fee - As a seller there is nothing you can do - You have no protection under paypal - You have no choice with ebay and have to add paypal as a payment option - you can't leave negative feedback once payment is made via paypal --- I have over 3000 positive feedbacks on Ebay and have never had a negative feedback 😞

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firstchance

Paypal did not charge you anything.

A chargeback is done directly via the buyers credit card company and they are the ones that make the decision and they are the ones that charge you the admin fee.

HOWEVER if you had sent trackable and made sure you had seller protection then paypal would have reimbursed you.

As a seller there was something you could do.

You chose not to so you were the one that lost your seller protection..........your choice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

firstchance
Contributor
Contributor

How was it my choice to be ripped off and than have paypal charge me for the privilege - Are you saying that I have to send all items via registered post - Were doe.sit say that on payal or ebay - How do I get seller protection when I am not a buisness ??? as per paypal statemwnt ----  The card provider’s decision is final. ---- Which means paypal will never side with the Ebay seller -- How do I take paypal off as a paymnt option for Ebay ?? ??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firstchance

If you bothered to actually read up on seller protection before you started selling then you would see that for a chargeback you normally need trackable proof of delivery.

Also if a buyer files a dispute for non receipt and you can't prove delivery with a tracking number then you would have to refund them.

You don't HAVE to send trackable but if you don't then its at your own risk and not the buyers or paypals.

You don't have to be a business to get seller protection.

And yes with a chargeback its the card company that decide, BUT if they found for their buyer and you met the criteria for seller protection then paypal would reimburse you.

But you chose not to.

You can't remove paypal from ebay and you won't get many buyers if you do as they use paypal so they can have buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

firstchance
Contributor
Contributor

We will leave it there and just say SELLER BEWARE USING PAYPAL 😞

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firstchance

ok but i would prefer to put it as ''seller make sure you have paypal protection when you sell and don't lose it by not reading those terms''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.