So I paid the wrong person...

ElDominio
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a payment to the wrong person recently.

The person I wanted to send the money was divinitymr2 (can't publicly state the rest), and the person I sent it to was divinity (same thing)

The seller made the mistake of not remembering to tell me the rest of the email address.

So I contacted the guy I sent the money to, and he said "sure, send me your credit card number with exp date and cvv and i'll send it right back."

I filed a dispute with paypal, which he then declined and paypal ruled in his favor.

Am I out $85?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

discos1111
Contributor
Contributor

I have done the same as you, paid the wrong person! did you get the money back from PP? and how did you do it?

Login to Me Too

ElDominio
Contributor
Contributor

They're still checking about the issue... I'll keep you updated

Login to Me Too

Goblinmoon
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same thing.   Did you get an answer? 

The system doesn't allow for anything like this.   I sent it the flip version of the email as that is what initially I was told. I have emailed the receiver but have heard nothing.  

I am about to pay the right person, but am I out 60 bucks?

Login to Me Too

ElDominio
Contributor
Contributor

It worked perfectly. Filing the complaint for item not received solved the issue and I have all my money back.

Login to Me Too

Goblinmoon
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same thing.   Did you get an answer? 

The system doesn't allow for anything like this.   I sent it the flip version of the email as that is what initially I was told. I have emailed the receiver but have heard nothing.  

I am about to pay the right person, but am I out 60 bucks?

Login to Me Too

dkw1975
New Community Member

I have done the same thing. I was sending money to one person, and somehow (user error, I am sure) I ended up sending money to the last person who had paid me for an ebay item. I have contacted them twice, and had no response.  I tried to file a claim, but because it was labeled as "personal" and not as an item, I can't seem to get a claim started. Any advice?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.