Question on how to properly resolve supposedly resolved dispute

AgCopa77
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

Buyer purchased brand new phone from me on eBay and 40 days after receiving item the buyer contacted me with device issues. I then contacted cell provider and discovered that phone replacement coverage was voided after 30 days and 1 year warranty was voided because buyer was not original holder of contract to phone. In addition, divulged information from cell provider detailed previous suspicious/fraudulent activities related to said buyer, which in turn was main reason for provider's unwillingness to resolve phone exchange even if phone was returned to me and then sent to provider for replacement. Newly discovered repudiating evidence was filed through dispute process to no avail and paypal sided with buyer and authorized full refund of non-functioning/broken device.

Within the sent email from papal explaining their judgment it is plainly stated that the buyer has 10 days to return the item in the "original condition" it was received. Now, this to me is an obvious discrepancy due to the blatant fact the phone is not currently in the condition it was sent to him in considering the phone was factory sealed, unopened, brand new from manufacturer. Compounding the situation, the original dispute was filed under the "item received not as described" pretense which is completely erroneous. This is my question: can I dispute the refund because the returned item was received in condition different from how it was originally sent?

After a fruitless search for additional documents on paypal's website for documents/topics relating to; "item returned to seller from buyer not as originally sent and described, now what?", I have decided to post this exhaustive topic. Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated. I originally sold the phone to recoup needed bill money. The idea of having to pay a substantial refund that I don't have to a scammer is just frankly maddening, even irreconcilable, potentially severing ties 10 years strong.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.