Seller sent me a fake coin

adan976g
Contributor
Contributor

I have had nothing but trouble with this seller. I won the auction on 10/10/09  and I paid the seller. The seller would never respond to my request as to when the coin would be shipped. I started getting what seemed to be computer generated responses such as "Friend no worry, you trust" and it was not composed properly but a few ill placed words that made so sense. I asked the buyer for a refund no negative feedback on any end and after that all I got no response.

In the auction the shipping was 4-7 business days and that came and went with nothing so I filed a claim and the seller had until 10/31/09 to response. On 10/30 he sends the a tracking number and it shows the item in route but no response from the seller. I got the item yesterday but it is  a fake. On the auction it said  silver 5 oz coin coin not alloy like the one I got from this seller.

The problem now is that paypal does not have a place for me to add this to my dispute. I sent them an email so I hope that will get to the right person. Since then the buyer is no longer registered on ebay. Any ideas on what to do next or should I just wait for  paypal. i don't want them to close my dispute since the seller sent them item, because he obviously sent me a fake

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

AS40

You are not alone. Paypal asked me to report in Police station...I went the Police station and a Police officer told me, they are not going to make a report because the seller from china. Pay Pal should call the police officer. Now, Pa Pal add more 1 month to investigate my situation..I sent them that the person sending fake coins, to proof it. From the seller no respond, Paypal make a delay..And I am so **bleep** off from everything now. I am never going to buy some expensive item on e-bay or from China!!!! This is ridiculous.....

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

China is know for its knock-offs why would you even think of buying something from there

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You need to call paypal and have them change the claim to an SNAD claim.

Paypal will probably have you send it back to the seller with d/c or with signature confirmation if the transaction was $250.00 or more

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.