Question about dispute/review??

lmaoalldaylong
Contributor
Contributor

Here the story, sold item on eBay to buyer on Sunday who paid ASAP through paypal. I request a check for 500.00 to be mailed to me because item I sold was for 930.00. As soon as I requested a check, paypal tells me my account has a negative balance of 500.00 because the buyer has open a dispute. I email the buyer straight away and tell him the auction ended on Sunday and it is only Monday, I cannot mail anything till I get to the post office, the auction ended 14 hours ago. The buyer emails me right away and says that he never opened a dispute and that he will check into it. I dig a little further and notice that even though it states in large print on my paypal page that the buyer opened a dispute, in reality, paypal decided to review the purchase. That's one mistake. Second mistake... I have never received any emails from palpal AT ALL about this "review" and thank god I did not mail out the items on Monday because I would be out of 930 bucks without a dime to show for it and have to pray that the buyer wont pimp me on my item. Onto the third mistake..I called paypal, they tell me its a standard review. Then as soon as I hang up the phone, I receive an email from paypal telling me not to ship the item while its being reviewed...FOUR days after auction ended. Fourth mistake...paypal tells me I need to log into paypal and goto resolutions center tab and select it and add more needed info, only problem is, when I do that, there is no friggin place to add any information. Fifth mistake, I have no idea what information paypal wants. NEITHER DOES THE BUYER. They do not ask for anything specific at all. We have been in contact several times and are both very frustrated about the way paypal is ran like a 3rd rate motel in the ghetto. When did all this happen, I have used eBay and paypal for many years, I have been away for two years and now its a complete joke. I have a business degree and one thing they rammed down out throats in school was how companies die off...these are the exact reasons why. Watch out paypal, someone is watching and creating a better model. At the very least, could you please straighten up your protocol, its embarrassing and unimpressive.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,so what happened,you die off the story was it resolved,?i would like to say thanks for the warning of obvious unefiencency,by paypal,they have a serious problem with bad service and on purpose bad service on as they put it ,investigating or normal preceder,they in fact have no comunication in there departments ,so one end is closing your acount while another department is openig same acount with rewards,they are backward---,on purpose to save $$ as there founder has proven in her little oops maid scandel,sorry,thanks for the warning and i will keep this as a warning for others,peace

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

and by the way once again it is strange you seem tommake a point but not full acusation,but assuming you folow through with this as curent problem,what you call mistake i call lawsuite,i would never wait for paypal or any ecomerce buisness that you can not walk in the door and get yopur money back do anything for any amount of time,who are they to hold your money under a documented lie,key words ,documented is a legal defense,do not think paypal is your friendly nighbor and you will believe or wait,keep on there but and demand your rights and money now,aqlso check there guidlines and see if they have any disclaimers that are there story for holding or acidently lying to you about costomer[sue] complain,call them on phone also is #1 way to resolve what an email is not doing,peace

Login to Me Too

lmaoalldaylong
Contributor
Contributor

I have called them on the phone twice. All I get is generic responses..."standard review", when I ask direct question about why certain things exist(the fact that it states the buyer opened a dispute) they say, "that is not right, but I am sure it will all be corrected soon. I have to say that in this day and age, where the digital world is where everyone is heading, I almost feel sorry for this company. They have become a low-level business with customer service that would make "peggy" look like a saint

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.