My item is not as described

jonthehunter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal!

I received an item that is not as it was described in the eBay auction.  I purchased this as a guest user on PayPal.  The seller is not willing to do a partial or full refund.  I purchased the item for $500(USD) + $20 shipping.  They said the item is in great condition.  

When I received the item, I noticed a lot of damages to the item.  I took it to a local retailer.  The item needs $200 worth of repairs.

I've already contacted the seller.  He does not want to do any returns or refunds.  What should I do next?

Thanks for the help!

Jon

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Jon,

Since you used a guest account to make this purchase I would give PP a call and allow them to manually enter a dispute for you.  Once entered, you should be able to receive updates to the dispute via e-mail.  What will probably come next is PP will ask you to return the item to the seller (at your cost).  PP should then be able to recover your purchase including shipping and handling.

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.