Horrible Seller, Need Refund Help

Mavsfan41
New Community Member

On April 17th and April 21st I sent $150 to pay for a video this guy was offering to make for me. A week after I sent payment he sends me an e-mail saying I'm sorry I can't do the video something came up you'll have it within two more weeks. Well the two weeks passed and I still hadn't got the video.  Then it was oh I need an extra week, and I didn't get it then. Now it's been five weeks, and I have no video, and he has my $300.

I have asked him for a refund, and he won't issue me one. I also can't file a Paypal claim for an unkown reason. Is there anyone here that can help me recover my funds?

Thanks in advance,

Eric R.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Mavsfan41-  I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you.  Has it been more than 45 days since the transaction? That would be why you're not able to open a dispute; you only have 45 days.  And even if you had, there's a very good chance we wouldn't have been able to return your money since it was a service the 'seller' was providing, and there's no PayPal Purchase Protection for services.  At this point I would recommend contacting your funding source to see what avenues you can pursue through them.

I wish you the best of luck!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.