DISPUTE CLOSED - WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY?

Plain
Contributor
Contributor
Hello,  

I bought some stuff from a seller on Dec 16, 2010, however, the seller claimed that he shipped out the stuff out on Dec 23, 2010, but I never got the tracking number. I gave him more time to send me the tracking number, but still nothing. I then proceeded and filed a dispute to Paypal on Jan 5, 2011. After talking to him through texting, the seller told me he'll ship the stuff out on Jan 13, 2011 and will send me the tracking number, so I took his words and decided to close the dispute on Jan 12, 2011. I got the tracking number that day for the stuff, however, the seller claimed that he didn't receive the money. I understand when a dispute is opened, Paypal holds the money, but what happens to the money when the dispute is resolved? Does it go back to the seller's account or does the seller have to wait a certain amount of time?
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

ssv

Why does ebay give you a credit if they pull money directly out of my bank account for fees of a false sale? Shouldn't the money go right back into your bank account? How do you use the money for another purchase? Can you transfer the money back to your bank account or pay pals? Please help me figure out out to use this credit I have..

Login to Me Too

HERETOHELP
New Community Member

Just go to request money and chose send to your bank..

Login to Me Too

HERETOHELP
New Community Member

SORRY GO TO WITHDRAW AND SEND MONEY BACK TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

Login to Me Too

Ox1de

This is not completely true.  I'm in the same boat except on the other side of it.  I sent someone car parts - 2 wrong parts he got 1 right.  Had to wait another 2 weeks to ship out the right parts because I was waiting to get the wrong parts back - never did so I forgot about it and sent the right ones.  A chargeback with the CC company from the buyers paypal was issues at that time frame. On Nov 7th the originial payment was sent to my paypal of $80.  On Nov 23rd the CC through paypal claims returned the money to him even though I provided all tracking numbers and reciepts for the orders.  And he called in and canceled the dispute.  In paypal it says the dispute has been cancelled yet they still took the funds out leaving me with a negative balance in paypal.  I have been in contact with the buyer for over a month now trying to get this resolved.  He has been in contact with paypal numerous times as well as I have.  They can't give me a straight answer.  His CC company says they can't do anything now as paypal has the funds.  He has shown me his credit card statement and everytime I contact him he answers so I know it's not something that's his fault.  I just don't know where the money is at this point and wtf paypal is doing.  They seem like they are trying to get me to pay my negative balance before they give me the funds they owe me and there is no way I'm doing that.

Login to Me Too

ckgirl

the seller agree to refund  i send the merchandise delivery confirmation and arrive in 5 january but it tell me DHGATE who must given me the credit , i have written to tell DH but it answer me in 2 o 3 days but i have recivied absolutly nothing plese help me in this case. It not my fauld the seller send cheap merchandise he offer me sterling silver and send tibetan and plastic merchandise. #paypay 5wjo7961vn814205j      #DHgate 1005903060( case) the day of pay this on Diciember 13 2010.

Login to Me Too

ckgirl

@Plain wrote:
Hello,  

I bought some stuff from a seller on Dec 16, 2010, however, the seller claimed that he shipped out the stuff out on Dec 23, 2010, but I never got the tracking number. I gave him more time to send me the tracking number, but still nothing. I then proceeded and filed a dispute to Paypal on Jan 5, 2011. After talking to him through texting, the seller told me he'll ship the stuff out on Jan 13, 2011 and will send me the tracking number, so I took his words and decided to close the dispute on Jan 12, 2011. I got the tracking number that day for the stuff, however, the seller claimed that he didn't receive the money. I understand when a dispute is opened, Paypal holds the money, but what happens to the money when the dispute is resolved? Does it go back to the seller's account or does the seller have to wait a certain amount of time?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.