Confused about unauthorized actions??

MaidOfHonor
Contributor
Contributor

I had an unauthorized payment made to a company in Taiwan, that I have never even heard of, let alone want to pay.  On the same day, there was a "dispute" made from someone saying that they were the buyer, and I requested and received $20.00 from them as a seller.  My PayPal account is -$17.00.  I disputed the payment to the company in Taiwan, but the resolution center is saying that I have to refund the money to the "buyer" (who bought nothing from me, since I am not selling anything!), or send a product, which I am not selling.  How do I go about this?!  I am not going to "refund" someone who didn't really pay me anything for something I do not even have.

Please help!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

JESSICAG
Contributor
Contributor

U are lucky i have over - 4.100 from 47 unauthorized transaction sombody send money to my account transfer to his bank accont  and paypal showme yesterday balance i almost heart attack .PAYPAL safer ??!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

MaidOfHonor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JessicaG,

My account is currently negative, but I refuse to pay to bring it back to 0 after I was hacked and scammed!  My preferred language was also changed from English to Chinese, and when the money was requested from this "buyer", the subject of the request was in Chinese.  Completely unsafe!  PayPal will not let me remove my bank account or credit card information while my account is in the negative, which I need to do to close my account.  I do not care if PayPal reverses the request for money from the "buyer", as long as I do not have to pay!  I am not going to pay for that company in Taiwan either!  This all happened on the 13th of this month, but I haven't used my account since December 28, 2010.

Login to Me Too

JESSICAG
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or send money to hacker 🙂

Login to Me Too

Well theres nothing really you can do but to just start over and fresh this happened to me back in 09

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.