Concerned about an increasing # of fraud listings and No Ships!!!!!

wader
Contributor
Contributor

I'm becoming disgruntled and frustrated at an apparent increasing number of fraudulent listings whereby the seller really doesn't have what they claim to have.  And, of course, you don't find this out until after you pay for it.  I've had 2 instannces in the last 2 months where the seller has a listed sale, I buy, and they come back to me with a "sorry, I don't have it".  I then wait weeks to get my money $ refunded, once by the seller, and once by Ebay because the seller was not responding.

I certainly hope that Ebay goes after these people and flushes them out of our system.  Unfortuantely the Ebay dispute resolution precess does not allow this dialog of details about the problem.  You have to click and use one of their canned issues and responses to get anywhere in the process of getting your money $ refunded.

I had one seller who actually tried to pull the bait and switch routine on me.  Sold me one thing, claimed after payment that they didn't have it and ran out of stock, and then quickly tried to get me to switch and accept a lower value/quality item as a substitution.  When I declined and gave them negative feedback, then all of a sudden they wanted to "cancel" the whole transaction to save their profile rating.

If Ebay doesn't jump on these problems and resolve them soon they will be losing valuable customers who no longer will trust and believe in the integrity of the Ebay system.  Ebay............contact me if you want details to run out these scammers and keep a clean system.  Thanks

Wader

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

ebay has actually improved a lot in the past few years at getting rid of scammers.

The problem is that the little....persons are persistent.

ebay is continuing to implement changes to get rid of these guys.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.