Closed dispute with "other" however still haven't received product

ChaosHedgie
Contributor
Contributor

(Transaction #4Y970883J0294034H)

I ordered a pair of size 12 custom shoes, however after two weeks of no product and no communication, I filed a dispute. A week later, the seller contacted me via phone and notified me that he had the shoes ready, but he would issue a refund if I didn't close the dispute. So I closed the dispute and expected to see shoes within a week. A week later and he claims he didn't have the one in the size I wanted, but he restocked the size 12s and that he'd ship them. That was on March 7th. It's now March 18th, and the seller is located in Atlanta GA, while I'm in Tuskegee, Alabama. No shipping service takes TWO WEEKS to deliver a package of shoes.

I contacted the seller AGAIN and I have not gotten a response. Is it possible to refile a dispute somehow? I want my $70 back. We are in a recession and I frankly need the gas

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

At this point you can't re-open a dispute since you closed it and told PP the transaction was fine.  If you funded this with a credit card you would have the last resort of trying to file a chargeback against the seller.  If this fails your only two options left would be to physically visit the seller or visit his state to file a small claim.

P.S.

Never, Never, Never close any PP dispute until you receive your goods and check over them.  It is too common for bad sellers to say, "Close it and I'll ship or refund" but after the customer closes a dispute they now know they have the money regardless unless a customer files a chargeback.  (If you are filing a chargeback I would at least let the seller know.....it could change his attitude and finally get you your product or refund.)

Login to Me Too

ChaosHedgie
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I appreciate the advice! I ordered the shoes with a debit card however, and I know chargebacks are a bit more complicated. I'm willing to do it though, and next time I'll be sure to keep the dispute open until I get the product in question.

EDIT: Chase informed me they had my back on this one, they filed a chargeback. Called the seller and left on his voicemail that a chargeback was going to be filed.

Moral of the story kids: Never close your disputes. If anyone says that Paypal will close in your favor, remember that they can get a tracking number to counter any claims that they never sent the product. Don't fall for it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.