Chances of winning INR Claim

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am new to the community but I have been reading topics for a while now and I have a question. My situation is I purchased a mobile phone on the 15 FEB 2011 I sent payment 2 days after I won the auction. Usually after I send payment I send an email to the seller via ebay messages letting them know that payment was sent and will appriciate it if they can ship it soon for me. I got a reply saying that the item will ship the same day and a tracking number will be sent to me. The shipping service was Royal Mail international signed for Air Mail. Days past I did not receive the tracking number. I emailed several times, trying not to sound desperate etc. I received a message saying that she was away for a few days and that the tracking will be emailed to me as soon as she returns home. I said ok.  She sent me a tracking number 3 days after which did not work on Royal Mail website. I messaged her and she sent me a different number which this time worked, It said: The item was passed to the overseas postal service in my country for delivery. I am located in Trinidad.

Its now the 28 MAR 2011 and the item hasnt shown up. I called post offices check the tracking number on my postal site which has no record of the item. I check the number on royal mail site again but the same status: The item has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery. I usually never wait more than 1 week for a package from the UK using this same service. 

I opened a dispute in paypal and escalated to a claim right away I was afraid that time might run out. I contacted the seller through ebay messages before but got no response. the seller has 100% positive feedback. 

Can anyone suggest anything , I really dont want to be out  £60.

What are my chances of winning the claim?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor

I decided to call paypal once more, I spoke to a very nice lady who reviewed the case while I was on hold and she made a decision and I won the claim. 

She was very friendly and everything was over in just about 10 minutes.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor

Silly me I forgot to that right after I pay m sellers on eBay I always leave feedback for them and I did the same in this case as well. Does that change anything?

Thanks

🙂

Login to Me Too

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor

Guys? Can anyone give insight? I filed a claim but no response from paypal yet

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Jewlicious,

Thanks for stopping by the boards!

PayPal will review the claim that you filed along with the tracking information supplied by the seller.  If the tracking doesn't confirm delivery to you--no worries, that is what our Purchase Protection is there for! 

P.S.  It won't make a difference on the claim if you already left feedback 🙂

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lilly,

Thanks for your email. Are you sure about the feedback issue? I phone up Paypal a while ago and the CSR was very obsessive over the positive feedback even though the tracking number does not show delivery at all. She actually told me I left positive feedback so obviously I received the item. I felt as though she was calling me a thief or something. The number does not even register on my postal service website. The resolution centre says that a I will be updated by March 31 so I am waiting on the update. I guess I learnt my lesson with the feedback. Previously as soon as I receive a tracking number and confirm that the item is moving I leave feedback. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Jewlicious,

First off, and I truly say this with all sincerity, I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our Customer Service.  

I can assure you that we will review the tracking information to make a final decision on the claim. 

You can kick back & relax  Smiley Very Happy ....we will email you when there is an update on the case! 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Lilly,

Have a great day Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Lilly,
I have a question regarding my claim, When I log into the resolution centre I see that my claim is Requiring my action; When I click on the respond button there is nothing for me to do except cancel the claim or change the reason for the claim.
This is what it says:

Status

The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven't confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.

• Tracking number: RJ6973xxxx2GB
  • Shipping company: Royal Mail

What happens next

If you still haven’t received your item, you don’t need to do anything. We will review the information submitted by the seller and contact you with any developments by Mar 31, 2011.

If you've resolved this problem, you can cancel this claim anytime.

If you received the item but it's different than you expected, you can change your reason for this claim.

Supporting documents

Files (0)

You haven't submitted any files.

Faxes (0)

You haven't submitted any faxes.

Also its passed the given date and no response from paypal. What should I do next?
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor

So the case was updated to being reviewed by paypal. They will get back to me by April 17th.

Yes April 17th, Why on earth do i have to wait this long? Should I just go ahead and file a chargeback with my bank?

Is there anything that can be done to speed up paypals process?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

Jewlicious
Contributor
Contributor

I decided to call paypal once more, I spoke to a very nice lady who reviewed the case while I was on hold and she made a decision and I won the claim. 

She was very friendly and everything was over in just about 10 minutes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.