Case Appeal

geaux11
Contributor
Contributor

I lost a case to the buyer - PayPal's reason is that "Seller didn't provide additional information."

This is such a joke - I provided all shipping information that I could possibly think of - they never asked for any additional information.

Anyways, when trying to appeal the case, I put in the tracking information and hit submit and it takes me back to the Resolution Center and says "That action is not valid. Please try again."

Anyone ever experienced this? The case was just closed yesterday. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

noloveapparent
New Community Member

I feel very sad & frustrated for you becuase basically the same thing happened to me....with a very bad outcome:

I sold a 14K gold watch to someone in Canada. I held it for her here until the Canadian postal strike was over and then shipped it as soon as the strike was over.

When the buyer received the watch, she said it weighed one gram (1Gram) less than I stated. Sort of impossible, since we weigh everything on 3 different scales and it was weighed with the band; we've NEVER been off in weight until this piece. Anyway, I offered her a $25 refund and she accepted that and thanked me.

About a week later, after accepting the refund, she opened a paypal dispute, wanting to return the watch. This is now about a month since she purchased it . I escalated to a claim to get my money back, since I already gave her a partial refund. Paypal found in my favor and closed the dispute. BUT IT DOESN'T END HERE....somehow, the buyer was able to RE-OPEN the case...which I thought was impossible, since it says this throughout the paypal site. I found this out from my PAYPAL PAGE when I logged in one day. NO EMAILS, NOTHING...just a little "OPEN DISPUTE" thing at the top. Paypal once again deducted the money from my account.

Horribly mad, I called Paypal and they said "we sent you an email about this"...I told them NO EMAIL WAS SENT. He also said that YES a buyer can reopen a case blah blah blah and that he sees no problems with me eventually winning again since they asked the buyer for more info. This was in July.

NOW...LAST NIGHT...I log into paypal and FIND THAT AT SOME POINT (again, NO email from paypal) THE DISPUTE WAS CLOSED! And the excuse? "After serious consideration paypal was not able to find in your favor at this time"
...................WHAT??

SO...I'm now OUT a GOLD WATCH and $300....it was never returned. to me. THANKS, PAYPAL, FOR GIVING THIS BUYER THE KEY TO UNLOCK MY DOOR AND STEAL FROM ME!

Login to Me Too

eahme
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  Despite what Paypal says, it is impossible to find the "Appeal" setting on the resolution center.  I have a Customs Number and a post office receipt that shows that the item ws mailed to Australia on August 8, and the Post Office has tracked  the Customs Number and says that the item left New York on August 9.  Paypal has closed the dispute, and I am out the item and the postage.  Hopefully the buyer will et it and own up to it.  One more way in which eBay does not protect its sellers!

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

For seller protection for INR claims you need onlien proof of delivery.  For sales you need online signature confirmation of INR protection.

There is no seller protection for SNAD Paypal claims.  But paypal usually doesnt refund the buyer until they show proof of delivery back to the seller and for a $300.00 watch they would have need signature confirmation.

Now if the buyer had filed a chargeback with there credit card company, then it is up to the cc company if the item getrs returned.

What you need to do now is to file a fraud complaint with the USPS postal inspectors service.

The buyer can't  legally keep both the $300.00 watch and the chargeback money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.