unauthorized purchases

jmartin4955
New Community Member

My ATM card was skimmed and someone made more than $20,000 worth of illegal charges to my Bank ATM card via my PayPal account and I can't reach anyone in customer service

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jmartin4955,

Oh no! That's awful! I hope that the situation is long since resolved now. If you're still looking for a way to report it, I'm happy to help. 

If the charges were through a PayPal issued debit card, please follow these steps to report.

If the charges were through your PayPal account using a compromised password, please follow these steps to report.

If the charges are on your bank account but not on your PayPal account, please contact customer service to let them know and they will look into the transactions. If you have not done so already, you would also need to let the card issuer know that the card was compromised.

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I really hope that my help is no longer needed, but if it is, I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.