subscription contracts

Temp20201118b
New Community Member

Get money back from auto-renewal payment

I (UK) bought an online course through Groupon which mentioned that less than £1.00 with big discount (~90%) for trail their course. 

This suppose to be one payment course to try their content I am aware. I did try 1 or 2 times and the content is not what I want. 

I leave the course without any activity and company range me I said I am not interested course any more and not willing to continue to watch it. 

One month later, they took my money away from paypal which I don't know. I feel shock how they can take my money away from my account without my authority. I dispused this issue on paypal and very quick paypal's response is merchant has right to take my money away. I feel very disappointment about that as I know this company is go to take my money away. I couldn't stop it and couldn't get my money back. 

Regarding to this international course, I am not clearly to be told this could be subscription, auto-renewal or something service. They sent a lot of email to me regarding to course, but couldn't find 'number' they are going to charge from my account. 

From my understanding, it seems that they are breach of the Consumer right act 2015 in the UK. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, businesses can't enforce terms on consumers that are unfair. However, this online company is very tricky as I thought this is one payment service. I don't know they charge me in second month (subscription contracts?) I still don't know what I purchased it behind £1. Is this SCAMP?

Can paypal help this issue to get my money back? What is the right process?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.