proof of item returned to seller needed for resolution payment return

asdad
Contributor
Contributor

The resolution found the case in my favour and has demanded details of the items tracking return. However, the item was a downloaded pdf. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asdad

Well I would personally do it.

Paypals buyer protection is never 100% and if you don't provide tracking you may well lose your money.

You could try phoning them to tell them it was a PDF but paypal customer services agents are not always the brightest lights in the harbour   Smiley Frustrated

The dispute process is mostly automated so if its a tracking number they want then give it to them, maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asdad

Print it / something relating to it off > put it in an envelope and send it trackable to the sellers addy.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

asdad
Contributor
Contributor

THanks for your reply. Do you think it is acceptable to do that? Maybe just write the PDF title on a piece of paper an send it? Feeling hopeful.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asdad

Well I would personally do it.

Paypals buyer protection is never 100% and if you don't provide tracking you may well lose your money.

You could try phoning them to tell them it was a PDF but paypal customer services agents are not always the brightest lights in the harbour   Smiley Frustrated

The dispute process is mostly automated so if its a tracking number they want then give it to them, maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

asdad
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you kernowlass

I cut the pdf file to a cd and sent it in a bubble wrap envelope to them. It cost 5.99 to send tracked, which took half of my 11.99 refund. 

Still, at least I got something back.

Thanks again.

Gary.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.