personal shopper for 'Son' in Bangladesh scam

Scamvictim2019
Contributor
Contributor

Please tell me there are others out there as blue eyed as me. I  realise I am the victim of a massive scam chain taking part.  I was contacted by 'Ruby' to be her personal shopper for her sons birthday and to earn 10/15% of what I bought. Great, I thought. Well, this turned into a massive amount of money being put into my paypal account by various different people. Thats because she was buying Disney Pins/collector items from them, she said.  But not only did I shop in shops and online. I also had to start sending her money to various different paypal addresses.  Still I didnt think much of it as it was a way of spending her money that I had lots of.  BUT then, this week....all the people that had sent me money, started to ask for their money back.  Of course, most of it was spent. The things I can take back to the shop is fine, BUT the transfers of huge amounts, is something I have no idea how to claim back.  I have spoken to paypal everyday several times and also reported it to the police, but not much they can do.  These people are so smart.  Wish I was smarter than them.... scammers win. 😞

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.