new ebay/paypal scan beware

chrisbooth1957
Contributor
Contributor

someone brought 2 items off me on ebay using 2 seperate transaction so like most people i posted them togather , he then complained to paypal not ebay that they were both unatherised transactions and opened 2 cases  , i added the tracking and one case was ruled in my favor and the other not as i only had one set of tracking infomation , so the buyer got one item for free  , i have called paypal and alearted them to this scam but has not changed the outcome of my case here  . i noticed that for the item refunded i was left posotive feedbank and this is the responce i got from him

"

Hi Chris....
Sorry you have been dragged into this mess. My account was recently hacked and a LOT of stuff was ordered. I immediately contacted ebay and Paypal who to their credit acted very very swiftly. It would appera that you order has been incorrectly deal with as a fradulent purchase. I did receive the item and as you confirm I gave good feedback. There has been no attempt on my part to commit fraud as you suggest. Later this morning when I return I will contact Paypal and advise them os this matter. You have correctly used ebay to contact me so your email and my replay are now on record.
You have been mildly inconveinienced, for which I apologise. I'm however still picking up the pieces after following about a dozen purchases and many dozens of subscriptions made in my name.
I trust this is a satisfactory explanation and makes it clear that there has been NO intention to defraud on my part.

"

clearly i was not at fault here but paypal refunded the guy and i have no way to despute a closed case  , looks like my only option here is the police ?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.