<removed> or <removed> are these scam websites??

Woody12345
Contributor
Contributor

Please does anyone have information on <removed> or <removed> They appear to be selling very discounted products almost too good to be true.   I would like to ensure people are warned against these sites which aim to collect your data

Login to Me Too
96 REPLIES 96

bobster86
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal just resolved the case in my favor. I guess I can keep the fake ring the scammer sent me.

Login to Me Too

JCHANDLER24
Add doctamarket.com to the list of websites. I've been scammed for $38. Just filed a dispute with PayPal this morning. Hoping that they will refund. Can't believe I fell for it. Never again.
Login to Me Too

unicorn_tears
I was scammed 35$ with doctamarket.com too. Seller gave me a fake traking number, and I opened a dispute, but passed time (10 days more or less) and was closed automaticaly, so I lost my buyer protection and my money too u.u
Login to Me Too

OverThis1234
Contributor
Contributor

Well the lockdown got to me too and I made a purchase from a sketchy website, while telling myself don't do it idiot...But I wanted my new Spanish learning posters and frozen birthday decorations for my family to enjoy. It was the bianxingc.com The prices weren't too good to be true so I had a little hope that is was just misc. leftover goods in a distribution warehouse from china...Until my credit card was fully charged with no item and  $10 more than my purchase price. Reported to PayPal last night, said that this was an unauthorized purchase and this person is a scammer. I followed your suggestions and I took screenshots of everything before they delete me. PayPal has 9 pages of complaints about the same sites that lead back to vinyatap!! PayPal considered my case for not even 12 hours and DENIED me any sort of refund. They stated that it was authorized...I authorized $41.24 for spanish posters, frozen birthday signs, and a desk organizer; not $49.22 for nothing. I'm so disappointed in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OverThis1234 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OverThis1234
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help. That makes more sense why it was denied so quickly and during off business hours. As soon as I saw how quickly the claim bounced back, I immediately messaged PayPal. They have already changed my claim type and I am playing the waiting game for responses.

Login to Me Too

OverThis1234
Contributor
Contributor

The saga continues for me. PayPal easily agreed to change my case to the category that they deemed correct, "Item not as described". Blah blah blah I went through all of the technicalities with PayPal. They stated I had to return the mystery gumball machine child's bracelet I received in the mail to the seller and could receive reimbursement from PayPal for the shipping cost of $25 by simply giving them a copy of my shipping receipt. Fine. Let's do it! Friday I receive the address, but it was in Chinese and PayPal said no problem and that they would have it translated and they are so sorry for the issues. Now, Monday, PayPal emails me, without the translation, and states that I have one week to file a report with law enforcement or a government agency or my case will be closed in the seller's favor. This whole thing is so crazy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.