New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Ordered a swing chair paid by payment£19.99 plus 4.99 shipping Shipping tracking number provided Tracking details come up as invalid Seller <Removed> Paid by PayPal but never received the item. Took it up with PayPal but they they closed the case in favour of seller saying track number provided so item is delivered. Just gutted as I thought I would be protected by paying through PayPal. <Removed> total scam never order anything from them Not sure what I can do now. Any guidance welcome
Another of these???
Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.
1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.
You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.