'limited some of the things you can do with your PayPal account'

Diogen3s
Contributor
Contributor

Today, Paypal blocked my account from paying or sending money.   This is the content of their email notification.  

> Due to safety and security requirements,  

You need to tell me what those are, and why they are so important as to block my fifteen year old account with you without prior notice or warning.

>we temporarily limited some of the things you can do with your PayPal account until you confirm your identity. 

You mean, reconfirm my identity. You have had those personal details for the past fifteen years since I opened my account.  

It is you who need to tell me what has occured for you to suddenly block me from paying or sending my own money from my account.  

Have you been hacked?  Are you asking for my personal details again because Paypal security of user details has been breached? 

You need to be transparent with your customers. We are not your subjects.

>We need you to take action on your account.   Access to some features in your account will be limited until you've completed the required tasks and provided the information we've requested.   

On the contrary, you, Paypal, have 14 days to fully restore my account and explain yourself, or I will not bother with you.  

There are now plenty of e-payment alternatives. Hello, Transferwise, Google Pay, Uphold.

>We'll remove the limitation after we've reviewed the information you provide. 

No, please read the above paragraph carefully. I've turned your excercise in Paypal bureaucratic bullying back onto you.

You have 14 days to explain yourself to my satisfaction, and fully restore my 15 year old account with you, or lose it.

>If you're unable to submit the required information by 8 Dec 2020 or if we notice additional changes in your account activity, your access will be further limited.    

If you're unable to submit the required information to me by November 7th, 2020, and haven't fully restored my account in the mean time, your access to me as a customer will be terminated. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.