items stuck in pre-shipment

jbwoof
New Community Member

Hi, I paid for six first-class shipping labels through paypal for packages that were mailed on Wednesday, August 26th. It appears that they did not get an initial scan when we dropped them off at the post office. So far none of the packages have been delivered and I'm getting nervous. I realize this was probably partially our fault for not standing at the counter to get a receipt, (learned our lesson), but am wondering how to proceed. My gut feeling is that they're stuck in delayed transit due to COVID/politics/upcoming labor day holiday, but I'm not sure how long I should wait before issuing refunds, or if I should tell the buyer to open a dispute. 

My questions:

If the buyer opens a dispute and the package eventually gets delivered, will the funds reverse?

Is it possible for me to offer a refund minus the shipping costs I paid? I don't want to be out the refund and what I paid out of pocket for shipping.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.