goods not as described scam

LaserayScam
Contributor
Contributor

my wife got scammed by a paypal seller. (she should have been more careful but there you have it)

She ordered a pet toy and paid with paypal.

After about a month she contacted the seller inquiring as to its whereabouts.

They replied with a tracking number that had been delivered about a week prior.

What was delivered was a pair of cheap sunglasses, and there was no other documentation (no packing slip, for example), which I took a picture of and I think i threw them away because i had not idea what they were or why they were delivered (see "brushing" scam; this was the same timeframe unsolicited seeds from china were being delivered). by the way, the real item would be significantly larger.

Filed a "not as described" dispute.

In response to the claim, the Seller offers a full refund; once I return the item! But wait it gets better, check out the address....

The item has to be sent to the following shipping address:

JDBKG

[long string of chinse characters removed becasue this "community" won't permit those] 523000 CN

The returned merchandise must be in the same condition as when you received it and you're responsible for any costs associated with the return. If you're shipping internationally, mark "Returned Cargo" on the outside of the package to avoid tax charges.

Just out of curiosity, how would I ship something to that address? (a string of chinese characters) Yes, i am aware that paypal supposedly will reimburse return shipping.
It seems to me if paypal were being honest about this type of scam, THEY would either provide prepaid shipper; or require sellers to -- neither of which they do apparently. Paypal is complicit.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LaserayScam
Contributor
Contributor

sorry to hear.

paypal just formally denied my claim. If you paid ultimately with a credit card, file a dispute with your card directly. Paypal is for the time being anyway pretending this obvious scam is not a problem.

go over here, there are dozens or more similar complaints
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Scammed-by-Chinese-seller-and-Paypal-si...

what was your scammer's name? (i mean the email associated with the paypal account) and what url did you buy from?

my scammer goes by at least two paypal emails, aarronwqysvlt and/or gnMonroe18782 both at gmail (you can't post full emails here)

, and the store my wife bought from was  https://laseray.store/

how much did you lose? Mine was $30. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

atrim702
Contributor
Contributor

I have just experienced a similar issue.

Was paypal able to help you obtain a refund?

Presently it will cost me more to mail to China that the worth of the product. 

Risk of mailing item and not recieving reimbursement for postage or a refund is of concern. 

Login to Me Too

LaserayScam
Contributor
Contributor

at the moment, according to the dispute i get a full refund if i send it back. supposedly paypal will reimburse shipping (but as you see, the address they sent me would be unreachable);
see paypals policy:  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns/terms

supposedly you're suposded to agree ahead of time (before asking for a refund) i assume for some b.s. legal reason to cover paypal's butt.

Login to Me Too
Solved

LaserayScam
Contributor
Contributor

sorry to hear.

paypal just formally denied my claim. If you paid ultimately with a credit card, file a dispute with your card directly. Paypal is for the time being anyway pretending this obvious scam is not a problem.

go over here, there are dozens or more similar complaints
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Scammed-by-Chinese-seller-and-Paypal-si...

what was your scammer's name? (i mean the email associated with the paypal account) and what url did you buy from?

my scammer goes by at least two paypal emails, aarronwqysvlt and/or gnMonroe18782 both at gmail (you can't post full emails here)

, and the store my wife bought from was  https://laseray.store/

how much did you lose? Mine was $30. 

Login to Me Too

LaserayScam
Contributor
Contributor

(THIRD edit: apparently i'm not allowed to post images. they also prevented me from posting a link to my google photos)

(2nd edit: apparently paypal-community won't allow me to post images, or chinse characters)

(edit: oops sorry; here is an image you can see; apparently doesn't allow .png images?)

here is an image of the address -- seriously paypal, how do i send something to this address?

Screenshot 2020-09-14 132926.jpg

Screenshot 2020-09-14 132926.png

Login to Me Too

atrim702
Contributor
Contributor

I feel we are all in the same boat.  So sorry to hear you did not prevail in being heard! I have not either. 

This issue is a learning experience as I will not not purchase with Paypal.  I have excellent credit and chose paypal over a credit card as it was easier at the time. 

I also will alwyays check where product is being mailed from and not accept to purchase anything coming from thee sites from China, HK, Singapore etc unless it is coming from a US seller. 

I lost $61 and a heck of a lot of grief, time and frustration. Not to mention I really wanted those chairs.

Auto Paypal and seller want me to send my little toy stools back to the address in China.

I will choose accept the loss instead of spending another $50 and still not have a resololution but an additional loss and then need to file to be reimbursed for my mailing the items- whicy will probably not get reimbursed. 

What I have learned:

There is no way of getting a paypal response from a human being.

We are all treated equally- no human interaction- so deal with the issue, loss, scam etc. 

As for the name of the company- it has several. It seems to change every day. All Chineese characters for return address so who knows?

Maybe Paypal has an employee who can figure it out.

Have a good one. 

Deluxe Camping Chairs scammed me! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.