dispute decided in sellers favour using false tracking information

azia82
New Community Member

hi, i recently purchased a jacket for $675 from a seller located in portugal off the grailed.com site. im located in the uk and my claim was denied as buyer provided a tracking number which stated the jacket had been delivered. the tracking number provided was to an item delivered in portugal.

(im located in uk)

https://track.aftership.com/portugal-ctt/RH289418017PT?

there is the tracking number provided. the place delivered was 2685 - SACAVEM as shown in the tracking information. how was the case decided in sellers favour when the tracking ininformation formation obviously shows it wasnt even delivered in my country? paypal has closed the despute in the sellers favour. whoever reviewed the case didnt even bother to check where the package was delivered, they just checked it was delivered. usingt this method anyone can use any random tracking number to prove the sent an item even if  it wasnt to the buyers country. absolutely shocking customer service from paypal. im trying to phone customer service to resolve this but im stuck talking to a automated service. please help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@azia82

Ring again but when you get through DO NOT select any options, either stay quiet OR say 'Agent' a few times to get through a tad quicker.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

roelb
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this same issue. Openened a dispute for an order with Banggood, who gave me a tracking number for something delivered in Germany, while I am in the Netherlands. Never got my order.

Paypal dispute was finally escalated on June 22, and to my astonishment was closed today in sellers favor. Even though the DHL tracking clearly shows a city and zipcode where delivery took place, which is in Koln, Germany. A completely different country!

So yes, it seems sellers can simply scam through paypal by providing a random tracking number that has a "delivered" status, no matter what the destination.

I've put in a formal complaint (there is no more phone number on the Paypal site) and will dispute with Amex if they do not resolve this. I've been doing about EUR 30k/year through my Paypal account for the past few years. You'd think they would value their customers. But in this case, they're just letting them be scammed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.