Wrong item received. Who pays?

AmyY12
Contributor
Contributor
I received the wrong item from a seller on eBay . They will only partially refund me and said keep the item but I don’t want the item because it is no use to me. They’ve asked me to send it back, which I’m happy to do but that I have to pay for it. Is this right? Am I eligible for a full refund?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmyY12 

Use eBay's Money Back Guarantee and open a SNAD (Not As Described) return request and the seller pays for the return by issuing a return label to you.

If this is an international order still file a eBay SNAD return request and the seller is given time to figure out how much it costs to return the item to them or you can figure it out and tell the seller how much it is and the seller will send a goods and services PayPal payment for the postage and you ship it back.

To start an eBay return request, go to your purchase history and in the More Actions menu for the item select to open a return request for item not as described. Should be self-explanatory. Or go to the eBay Help section to find out how to return an item not as described.

If you already opened a PayPal dispute then you are responsible for the return costs but you can get reimbursed by PayPal. Be sure to get tracking for so there is proof of delivery for the return, then will you be refunded what you originally paid to the seller.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.