Won't let me file a dispute

Hicky
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase as a guest purchase under my girlfriend's name and my email address. I got a paypal receipt in her name with merchant Transaction Id and purchasers transaction Id . Well we find out that it's a scam. I never got a confirmation or tracking number from the merchant so I email them asking what's going on and tell them that I was going to ask for a refund if I didn't get a response in 2 days They respond saying it will be shipped with in a week please be patient . Well it's been 2 weeks and no responses to my email. So now trying to file a dispute and paypal's stupid automated help crap won't let me accomplish this because the transaction don't show up under my account and when my girlfriend tries to click the link from the paypal receipt to create a pay pal account it goes to my my accounts email address and wants to change my pass word so we can't file a dispute because we can't select the transaction thru the automated process all we have is the emailed receipt with all the info on it so can someone tell me how to go ahead from here thank you to
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hicky 

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.