Woke up to find two $1,000USD transactions from my bank to paypal. I didnt do either one of them.

MajickCrypto
Contributor
Contributor

So I woke up to my bank account being $1972 in the red this morning. There no one to talk to a person, when you call for help the system hangs up on you. I'm doing the message center, but I don't get replies but every 2 - 3 hours and the last email was no help. Below is the last reply from paypal, they act like I can go without money for 10 days. If I was any of you be careful.

Calvin <removed>

2:02 PM

[9/7 8:43 AM] <removed>, Calvin <removed>(AWF) I believe you're referring to the transfer of the two $1,000.00 dated Aug September 13, 2020. It's an ongoing issue and unfortunately, your account is one of the impacted ones. Be assured, your account is safe and secure. You can transfer the funds, once it's available on your account. It takes up to 5 business days for a transfer to complete with banks. If you get charged an overdraft fees by your bank, let us know, we'd be able to help.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

cjlmoss

What a BS answer. How do you NOT have the means to BLOCK a transfer that has been flagged as fraudulent, especially when it's a known issue?

Login to Me Too

MajickCrypto
Contributor
Contributor

I agree 100% with you, I never got another reply today.

Login to Me Too

cjlmoss

It's all over their forums. Absolutely absurd.

Login to Me Too

densiees
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too. 

2 x  $1000 and 1 x $2000 transactions from my bank to Paypal account. 
I haven't been getting a response from them. It's frustrating!

Let me know how you go with your account.

Hopefully, this gets resolved quickly. 

Login to Me Too

IrritatedToo
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this happen as well. One transaction of $1,000 from my bank to my PayPal account at 3am. I was alerted to it when I saw 4 emails from PayPal that came in at 3am, all in French. There was an unknown number associated with my account that I removed and the emails confirming all of my latest info that I just changed refer to me as “Jacqueline <removed>” which is of course not my name. I don’t know how they can tell you to rest assured that your account is safe and secure. Meanwhile, I’m waiting for them to reply via message center. Good luck to everyone impacted by this “known issue.”

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.