Why won't PayPal answer

bill48036
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know how to resolve an issue with PayPal?  I have communicated on the chat line, spoken to the support staff, written a letter addressed to the Manager of Customer Service and later even sent a certified return request letter to John Rainey, CFO/EVP.  Has courtesy in business just evaporated at PP?

Long story short, we have had a PP account associated with eBay activity since 2004 and initially the account was in my then wife’s name, even though any buying and selling activity had always been done 100% by me.

After our separation, I tried simply changing the account name but it required that I set up a new account, so this past July I did that.

Made a couple of sales none of which would be considered off-color or controversial, and when I tried transferring my activity to me account I learned that “Your account access is permanently limited” and “due to potential risk” and thereby putting a hold on funds for some 6 months.

When I finally got to speak to someone (even with a language barrier) he pretty much alluded that the flag was probably created by some algorithm and told me that there is little I could do about getting it resolved. 

So after some 16 years and having maintained an overall 100% rating on the eBay side all of a sudden I’m a potential risk.

All I wanted to know exactly why I am an alleged risk?  Doesn’t an accused have a right to know why?  I guess PayPal has its own set of rules when it comes to rights.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bill48036 

Your post is confusing as i don't know which account was in your wifes name ebay or paypal?

Only this is paypals forum which is a totally separate company to ebay.

So not sure about changing and ebay account name but on a paypal personal account you can't change the 'name' of the person the account belongs to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.