Why do I have to pay for merchandise I did not receive?? No tracking # either.

Lana383
Contributor
Contributor

Why do I have to pay for merchandise I did not receive?? No tracking # either.

Ebay terminated a seller account and of course I can't contact the seller - there was an unauthorized purchase on my account. Paypal denies there was not as usual.

So if paypal denies the claim, I should still get the item I was "FORCED" to purchase and I have not received. Why do I have to pay for something I did not receive?? It makes no sense at all. This is fraud.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lana383 

Unauthorized Payment claims are for claims that your account was used strictly without your permission to make a payment by unknown third party. If you paid this seller and eBay terminated the seller account, the UP claim would still be denied. File an Item Not Received dispute instead either with eBay if possible or PayPal. Contact PayPal customer service to request an appeal and tell them what happened and that the wrong case was filed:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If PayPal does not budge on reopening the case, then your only other recourse is filing a chargeback if you paid with credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lana383
Contributor
Contributor

"Unauthorized Payment claims are for claims that your account was used strictly without your permission to make a payment by unknown third party."

I'm aware of that and that's exactly what happened, but paypal denies this. I'll call them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.