What is "PAYPAL *AVANTGARDED"

Pinkrobin
New Community Member

I have a charge for £6.99 on my Credit card - one I never use for Paypal - that states "PAYPAL *AVANTGARDED".  Does anyone know who / what this is?  thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pinkrobin

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pinkrobin
New Community Member

Thanks.  It's a joint credit card not hooked up to my PayPal so it's odd to see "PAYPAL *AVANTGARDED" on the credit card statement.  I've googled "AVANTGARDED" and they are a data / security company who I've not purchased from... 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pinkrobin wrote:

I have a charge for £6.99 on my Credit card - one I never use for Paypal - that states "PAYPAL *AVANTGARDED".  Does anyone know who / what this is?  thanks

File dispute on it as unauthorized charge with your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pinkrobin

You don't have to have a paypal account to pay as a guest buyer, you just use a credit or debit card and the seller ''processes'' that transaction via their paypal card reader.

I doubt anyone would bother to hack your account or card to buy something of that low amount, far more likely to have been a card purchase with a seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pinkrobin
New Community Member

Yes makes sense!  Thanks

Login to Me Too

Clarky13
Contributor
Contributor
@Pinkrobin Did you find out what is was as I have the same issue for a charge of £20.96 from this same name?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.