What does "A copy of the receipt that details your credit" mean?

uwuwuwuwu
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a refund not received case, PayPal asked for a "credit receipt showing details of payment." The merchant did not provide anything however I was able to supply copies of my conversation with the merchant saying they'd refund me. Is this enough?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uwuwuwuwu 

It could mean PayPal want a record/receipt of an already issued refund that you did not actually receive credit for. Copy of a conversation with merchant promising a refund that was not issued is not likely what they want.

If the merchant promised to refund but did not because of “item not received” or for an item “significantly not as described”, you can change the case to the appropriate reason.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

uwuwuwuwu
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

Thanks for your insight!

Checked the resolution center and I am unable to change the case type, sadly. The item was misdelivered and the merchant promised a refund so I thought a refund not received case was the proper option.

I sent in my conversations with the merchant and also the letter from USPS proving it was declared lost. Surely PayPal would still consider this and close the case in my favor? Am worried the seller will get away with this

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.