Unincorporated business disaster

Forager
New Community Member

We run a professional trade association. In the U.K. this is recognised under the law, but we are not a registered company. When we set up the account, we did not realise that PayPal did not recognise unincorporated businesses so we opened a Business Account. Now, despite submitting lots of proof of who we are (bank statements, charter, etc) we have ended up with a limitation on our account for months. The last person I telephoned from PayPal to get our account limitation lifted, a few weeks ago, was going to look into the matter. He thought he would have to change our account from a Business Account to a Personal Account. Not ideal from our perspective but if we have to... so be it. This is because, unlike British law, PayPal does not recognise unincorporated trade bodies like us as businesses. However, nothing has changed on the account, we are still limited and there are no messages. It seems impossible to get any answers on this. I tried to change the account type, but the only option was Close Account - not ideal as we have funds in limbo there. Does anyone have any idea how we can resolve this and how to get PayPal to help us resolve this? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.