Unfair refund

Pauld69
New Community Member
I listed a chainsaw on ebay under fir parts not working. Described as starting but running badly. Unable to tune or fix myself. Buyer in Ireland Ireland bidded it up to £106(listed £9.99) thenbreported to me he was unhappy as it wouldnt start and was seized. I offered him a half refund on Ebay to stop dispute. He accepted this. A few weeks later he has gone through PayPal wanting the rest of his money back plus import duty to ireland(I used gsp which cost me 8.99). PayPal has agreed his refund!!! He has returned the saw to me. The exhaust has been taken off and hence the exhaust gasket is ruined. It has not been put back on properly and i don't have the tool to do this. He hadnt drained the oil out if it and hadnt put the oil bung in so the whole package andcdaw was soaked in oil. I've cleaned it up. Given it 2 pulls and its started. I've videod it running as proof that it was as described. I am now out of pocket over £100 and have a saw in worse condition than before I sent it. This guy has been sneaky. PayPal have not been very helpful. Any suggestions please....
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.