Unauthorized payment

mixalisfokas77
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning mates! On July 6th, someone who knew my email, stole 50$ from my account to pay his facebook ads!!! I do not have a business account on facebook, never interfered with facebook ads and my personal account on facebook  does not include the email I have on paypal!

So I opened a dispute immediately and Paypal responded that it did not happened without my authorization and denied to refund my money!

Are we serious now??? Every fraud who is aware of our emails may pay his obligations in various platforms, withdrawing our money, without Paypal providing us any protection?????????

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Renatuska
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

A person did the same to me on 14th July. I reported the unauthorized action to Paypal and also found the Facebook ad service added to my Facebook profile. I could delete that page. Paypal did not believe me that I did not purchase or send that 55 dollars and closed the case permanently. 😞

I can commit my password did not include numbers so it was weak. He must have cracked other accounts of me to find that out. Or not?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Natasha

Hi @mixalisfokas77 & @Renatuska

We understand an unrecognized payment can be frustrating. Typically, when an unauthorized claim is denied, this means we reviewed the account and could not confirm a third party accessed the account and made the payment. If you're not satisfied with the resolution of your claim, you can appeal the outcome within 10 days after the claim is closed.
1. Go to the Resolution Center.
2. Click Closed Cases to find the transaction.
3. Click the View button in the "Action" column.
4. Click Appeal this decision and follow the prompts.

I hope this helps!

-Natasha
Login to Me Too

Renatuska
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the lead! I will try right now! Update: I couldn't find the Appeal button in Chrome app on my mobile. I suppose it pops up on the desktop/laptop surface
Login to Me Too

Renatuska
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Natasha 

I am now at my laptop. I found even the View bottom at the closed case. But. I failed to use Appealing act. I didn't see it on the page. I share my screenshot here: <removed> . What is happening? Am I missing something obvious?

Login to Me Too

mixalisfokas77
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, Renatuska, if the withdrawal of your funds happened by Facebook, you have to make this dispute there and then you will get the refund.

So get in your payment and then

1) MANAGE FACEBOOK PAYMENTS

2) Contact information

<the one that presents you>

and click there

3) Choose the 1st option concerning the ads and then describe on Facebook what happened.

Login to Me Too

Renatuska
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Mixalis! Thank you for the explanation. I will look it up. But actuslly I connected the coincidences. Who got the money was Jamshed Abdul Razzak Chhapra, maybe he is totally innocent. I apologize forward if it is unethic to mention him. He rejected my refund request.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.