Unauthorized charge on my credit card

Shaarawy99
New Community Member

Yesterday night I got a message from my bank saying that I've been charged about 83 USD in my local currency on some shady website using PayPal. I didn't recognize the charge so I opened my email and found emails from PayPal confirming the charge, but I didn't get any new login emails from new devices, which means that I probably had a virus or keylogger on my pc. I immediately changed my password and removed all cards saved on PayPal in case they still have access to my Paypal account. I also filed a dispute with PayPal but my dispute was rejected claiming that the payment was authorized even though I never visited the website the payment was done on. How do I get my money refunded? Do I have to go to my bank ask them to cancel the credit card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shaarawy99 

sadly paypal does not cover all unauthorised transactions, if they show up from your IP address or due to you having a virus on your computer hence giving away your sign in info then you may not be covered. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.