Claim changed from “not received” to “not as described”. Items not received.

Everythingita
New Community Member

Good afternoon,

I raised a claim as “not received” as I haven’t received the items, I mentioned I have also received sample photos of the products that are of lower quality than expected so even if I did receive the items they aren’t as described and I would be unhappy with them. 

Paypal took it upon themselves to change the dispute type to “not as described” and have closed the claim stating “We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because if an item is materially

similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described.” 

I haven’t received the items, the sample photo shows the product looking very different to the original design, the seller sent a tweet about “a cancellation” which matches the exact items in my order and that they have been sent to someone else so I doubt I will ever receive the items. I have all of the proofs but cannot log a further claim against this payment. Would it be best just to go direct to my credit card provided? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Everythingita 

Would it be best just to go direct to my credit card provided? 

I would.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.